Emmanuel-St. Michael Lutheran School is proud to sponsor the LutheRun cross country program. LutheRun is a cross country team for area 4th-8th grade students that attend one of the Fort Wayne Lutheran schools OR that are homeschooled and attend a Fort Wayne Lutheran church. We compete in a variety of area middle school and elementary cross country meets during the fall season. Race distances are 3K (1.8miles) or 1mile for select elementary races. In preparation for the fall season, we also offer a 5 week summer conditioning camp. Season practices are held primarily at the Fort Wayne Seminary and local parks [locations for the upcoming season TBD]. Runners of all abilities are encouraged to participate. The goal of LutheRun is to promote a culture of running, encourage lifelong healthy activity, and bring glory to God with our talents.
LUTHERUN SUMMER 2023
LutheRun Cross Country is open to all Lutheran school students and Lutheran homeschooled students entering grades 4-8. All levels of runners are encouraged to attend! For those participants interested in continuing with the Fall season, it will begin the week of August 14th. Fall season meet and practice schedule will be communicated at a later date.
DATES: June 26-July 27, Mondays & Thursdays, 5:30-7pm
- Mondays at Concordia Seminary [6600 N Clinton St, 46825]
- Thursday at various Fort Wayne Parks - details coming soon!
COST: $60.00 to cover T-shirt, snacks and facility fees
- Checks should be made payable to Janet Smith and mailed to:
10350 River House Lane, Grabill, IN 46741
- PayPal (www.paypal.me/janetesmith)
- Venmo (@Janet-Smith-145)
LUTHERUN FALL SEASON
** NOTE: Details below are for the 2022 season. This will be updated as info on the 2023 season is released but it gives you and idea of what to expect.**
- SPORTS PHYSICAL: Participants must have an IHSAA Physical Evaluation form completed and on file with LutheRun. Complete the ENTIRE packet, not just the physical form. Non-ESM students should turn in a copy to the coaching staff during the first week of practice. For ESM students - coaches will have access to your physical. See document section below for Sports Physical Packet.
- ATHLETIC FEE: Athletes must pay the athletic fee of $40. ESM athletes will be charged directly through Sycamore billing program. Non-ESM athletes may pay cash or check to 'ESM Athletics'.
- PRACTICE INFO: Practices will start on Monday, August 15th. Practices will be held at Fort Wayne Seminary (meet by the bleachers at the track). Practices will generally be held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. There will be some variability on weeks with a meet. Practice times will be from 4:00-5:30. Parents are responsible for transporting their child to practices and competitions.
- MEET INFO: Meets are scheduled on various days and locations. Meets marked with * are not yet confirmed but are meets we are hoping to attend. Potential changes exist. See 2022 LutheRun Calendar in documents section below.
RUNNING SHOES - Three Rivers Running Company on North Clinton will help fit the shoe that is best for your running form and foot profile. They offer a 10% discount to all athletes running on Fort Wayne teams all year long and from August 8th - 20th = 20% off all full priced running shoes, spikes & apparel. See 3RCC LutheRun XC Team Sale Flyer in documents section below for more info.
- LUTHERUN SPIRIT WEAR: Athletes and families can show their team spirit with a variety of LutheRun Spirit Wear items. Spirit Wear store link coming soon.