Emmanuel-St. Michael Lutheran School is proud to sponsor the LutheRun cross country program. LutheRun is a cross country team for area 4th-8th grade students that attend one of the Fort Wayne Lutheran schools OR that are homeschooled and attend a Fort Wayne Lutheran church. We compete in a variety of area middle school and elementary cross country meets during the fall season. Race distances are 3K (1.8miles) or 1mile for select elementary races. In preparation for the fall season, we also offer a 4 week summer conditioning camp. Season practices are held at local parks with locations for the upcoming season to be determined. Runners of all abilities are encouraged to participate. The goal of LutheRun is to promote a culture of running, encourage lifelong healthy activity, and bring glory to God with our talents.
LUTHERUN FALL SEASON
- SPORTS PHYSICAL: Participants must have an IHSAA Physical Evaluation form completed and on file with LutheRun. Non-ESM students should turn in a copy to the coaching staff during the first week of practice. For ESM students - coaches will have access to your physical. Forms available in the documents section below.
- ATHLETIC FEE: Athletes must pay the athletic fee of $40. ESM athletes will be charged directly through Sycamore billing program. Non-ESM athletes may pay cash or check to 'ESM Athletics'.
- PRACTICE INFO: Practices will start on Monday, August 16th. Practices will be held at Fort Wayne Seminary (meet by the bleachers at the track). Practices will generally be held on Monday, some Tuesdays/Wednesdays and Thursday. There will be some variability on weeks with a meet. Practice times will be from 4:00-5:30. Parents are responsible for transporting their child to practices and competitions.
- MEET INFO: Meets are scheduled on various days and various locations. Schedule will be shared when available.
- COVID-19 GUIDELINES: LutheRun is committed to the health and safety of our participants and community. With the number of different schools represented, these guidelines are in place to help our group stay healthy so that we can continue meeting together. As the situation continues to evolve, these guidelines are subject to change. View the '2021 LutheRun Covid-19 Guidelines' in the documents section below.
- LUTHERUN SPIRIT WEAR: Athletes and families can show their team spirit with a variety of LutheRun Spirit Wear items. CLICK HERE to order items by August 29th.