Emmanuel - St. Michael Lutheran School has adopted the following dress code in an effort to reflect Christian values, enable students to live in oneness without uniformity, and to promote safety, respect of self and others, and modesty. The dress code allows students and parents to work together to make good decisions regarding student dress. A Uniform Shop is available at Union Street to assist families with dress code needs.
Shorts, skorts, skirts, capris, or slacks in the following solid colors: khaki and navy. Shorts must be at least mid-thigh in length and skirts must be at a modest length. Pants, shorts, etc., should be clean, in good condition and free of tears, rips, or frays. Belts must be worn on all pants that have belt loops.
Short or long sleeve polo shirts, Oxford dress shirts, or turtlenecks, or ESM polo shirts, in the following solid colors: white, blue, or yellow. All shirts (other than turtlenecks) worn Monday through Thursday must have a collar. Any decorations and logos other than ESM are not permitted. All shirts must be buttoned modestly. For girls, no undergarment or camisole may be exposed. All students should tuck their shirts in at the waist.
Sweaters and sweater vests may be worn over the collared shirts and must be white, blue, yellow, or ESM Spirit Wear. With the colder weather, only the specifically described sweaters provided in the policy OR PTL Spirit Wear sweatshirts may be worn, no other outerwear may be worn in the classrooms.
- ESM students may not have/wear tattoos on any exposed part of the body.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. All footwear must have closed heels or heel straps.
- Boys may not wear earrings to school. Girls may have no more than two (2) earrings in an ear.
- No other pierced body jewelry is allowed.
- Spandex or tight-fitting leggings are not permitted.
- Tights should be a plain color.
- Hair should be clean and neat and a natural color. Effort should be made to keep it away from the face and eyes, no distracting hair styles are allowed.
- No hats or headwear of any kind should be worn during the school day.
- Non-policy days may be permitted at the discretion of the principal.
Fridays are ESM School Spirt Wear days. Students may wear jeans or jean shorts and any approved ESM Spirit Wear. Jeans should be clean, in good condition, and free of tears, rips, or frays. Spirit wear does not include apparel from other sports teams whether local or national. If you do not have Spirit Wear, you must conform to the above dress code. Spirit Wear can be purchased 3-4 times a year.
The Uniform Shop
Is now available at both campuses! The Getz Road Campus has their shop set up across from Mrs. Latin’s office. The Union Street Campus shop is located at the back of the stage. Each item costs only $1.00. Payment can be made in either school office. You are welcome to shop anytime the school offices are open. In order to keep these areas “clutter free” we will only be accepting donations at certain times throughout the year. Shop often to save money and have school clothes on hand for the change of seasons or growing children.
Questions? Contact the Union St main office at 260-422-6712.