Children are daily engaged in a variety of play-based learning activities that include, but are not limited to:
- Bible Time
- Language Development
- Social Studies
- Small and Large Group Activities
- Sensory Exploration
- Circle Time
- Creative Art
- Block Play
- Dramatic Play
- Social Development
- Pre-Reading & Writing Skills
- Music and Movement
Through each experience, children are guided by loving teachers and encouraged to learn and grow in a variety of ways that are developmentally appropriate. Highscope, One in Christ and the Indiana Early Learning Foundations are curricula used by our teachers to prepare students for class advancement each year and ultimately, entry into Kindergarten.
At ESM Preschool we are committed to daily sharing the love of Jesus with your child. This love is modeled by each teacher in a variety of ways to encourage a deeper understanding of Christ’s love. The following activities provide opportunities for your child to grow spiritually.
- Prayer – Children learn that prayer is a way to talk to their Father in Heaven.
- Praise Songs – Children learn that another way to draw close to Jesus and worship Him is through song.
- Bible Lessons – Each day your children learn about the love of Jesus from the Bible.
- Chapel – Preschool students have the opportunity to take part in regular worship.
- ESM Buddy Program – Preschool students are paired with an older student in our school to foster a “school family” atmosphere.
- Service – Preschool students learn the importance of serving others by participating in planned service activities.
ESM Preschool provides daily opportunities for your child to grow physically. Through a variety of activities, your child will develop and expand both large and small motor skills.
- Indoor and outdoor activities include both free and guided play.
- Various materials are used to stimulate large and small motor development.
- Playground equipment is age appropriate and safe.
- Music and movement are used daily to enhance physical development.
ESM Preschool recognizes the unique way that God created each child. Children have the opportunity to creatively express themselves through a variety of artistic experiences.
- Music – rhythm and movement
- Art Projects - free and teacher guided activities that encourage the expression of creativity and imagination
- Literature – daily story time and opportunities for free exploration of books
Preschool teachers at ESM understand the important role that technology plays in our world. Even our youngest learners benefit from the integration of interactive technology to develop curiosity, problem solve and foster independent thinking skills. Older Preschool students have opportunities, always teacher-guided, to engage in limited amounts of age appropriate technology to enhance learning and stimulate cognitive growth.