Welcome to ESM!
Emmanuel-St. Michael Early Childhood Ministry is blessed to partner with families, ESM K-8 faculty and students, and Emmanuel and St. Michael congregations to provide a program for academic excellence while sharing Christ’s grace, love and compassion to our youngest students. ESM Early Childhood Ministry nurtures children in the same way Jesus modeled for us in Matthew 19:14, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
Our preschool programs are located on two campuses offering part-day, school-day, and extended-day schedules for children ages 2 to 5. There are several options, beginning as early as 6:45 a.m. and lasting as late as 6:00 p.m. Daily schedules include a variety of hands-on, developmentally appropriate educational activities in an engaging and caring Christ-centered environment. Children are encouraged to question as they play, learn and actively explore God’s world.
OUR EARLY CHILDHOOD PHILOSOPHY
- Each child is a gift from God.
- Each child needs a Christ-centered place to grow and learn where his or her individual needs can be nurtured through experimentation and exploration.
- Children learn best through play and developmentally appropriate activities where creativity and individuality are encouraged.
- ESM Early Childhood Ministry provides a safe and nurturing Christ-centered environment where children can develop to their fullest potential physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually.
- ESM Early Childhood Ministry provides an opportunity for children to hear about God’s love for them and to grow in their response to this love.
- ESM Early Childhood is a joint ministry where the child and family, the staff and school, and Emmanuel and St. Michael congregations partner together to foster “Education for life and faith for eternity”.
Director of Early Childhood Ministry